After two years in the making, Chill Factore launched in November 2007 bringing the UK’s longest indoor real snow slope (180 metres) to the North West.
Since opening the doors Chill Factore has welcomed over 3 million visitors and is regarded as a leading UK visitor attraction!
Located less than 4 miles away from Manchester City Centre, adjacent to The Trafford Centre; one of, if not the most popular shopping centres in Britain, Chill Factore is an easily accessible, fun and popular leisure destination for absolutely everyone. From Ski and Snowboard Lessons for all levels, ages and ability, to magical snow activities, including the Luge ice slide, Tubing, snowplay and a 12m climbing wall, Chill Factore has everything for a great day out.
As a real destination of choice Chill Factore offers a wealth bars, cafes and restaurants and some of the UK’s leading outdoor clothing shops offering big brand names, all along our authentic Alpine Street. There truly is something for everyone.
At Chill Factore we cater for absolutely everyone, including people with disabilities. We are proud to be home to Disability Snowsport UK (DSUK) – a nationwide registered charity, providing adaptive skiing for individuals with any disability, including physical, sensory and learning difficulties.
Disability Snowsport UK
DSUK is a people-centred organisation with a unique sense of purpose: that anyone, regardless of their disability, can take part in and enjoy the thrill of snowsport.
For nearly 30 years DSUK have applied exceptional know-how and adaptability to enable those with a disability to experience the joy of skiing alongside the able-bodied.
DSUK provide exciting and life enhancing activities for individuals or groups who require adaptive equipment and/or special instruction and support.
At Chill Factore we have two ski lifts on our 180 metre long main slope to make sure our guests don’t miss a moment of snow fun. Our lifts are suspended from the ceiling, rather than from towers, so that there is less obstruction on the slope giving you guys more room to play.
We also have two ‘travellators’ leading to the top of the beginner slope and tubing and luge areas. The travellators are there to assist those who are either learning to ski or snowboard or having fun on a snow activity.
To cater for absolutely everyone, Chill Factore consists of four exhilarating snow areas:
- The main slope (180m long x 40m wide)
- The beginner slope (40m long x 40m wide)
- A tubing slope with two lanes (40m long x 20m wide)
- A magical snowplay area (approx 30m long x 20m wide)
There is also our adrenaline pumping 60 metre luge, the only one of its kind in the UK!
Stats & Facts
Chill Factore boasts the UK’s longest real snow indoor ski slope at 180 metres.
- The height of the building is 45m. The main slope starts at 40m at the top widening to 100m at the bottom.
- The area covered by snow is 10,200 sq m. This equates to around 1,632 tonnes of snow, based on a snow depth of 40cm. The compacted snow density is 0.4 tonnes per cubic metre.
- An average of sixteen tonnes of snow is produced per day.
- The indoor temperature is a steady –1.5 degrees C.
- More than 500 jobs have been created at Chill Factore with around 260 people employed in the ski section alone.
- 2010 winner of Manchester Tourism ‘Access for All’ Award.
- Chill Factore is a member of Trafford City, a world class retail, entertainment and leisure destination attracting 40 million visitors a year. It is home to: EventCity, Trafford Golf Centre, Dino Falls, Chill Factore, Play Factore, and iFLY as well as high profile brands including Evans Cycles and David Lloyd Leisure. Blue chip occupiers such as Spie Capita and Travel Counsellors are also based within TraffordCity.