This time of year is as much about finding the joys in hibernation as it is entertaining friends and hosting parties… Here’s our favourite winter home style pieces!
Dining rooms can be a riot of rich colour or a tactile retreat. With some people prioritising staying in over going out, John Lewis & Partners has produced autumn/ winter home style pieces which draw inspiration from the latest designs found in the most talked about restaurants and boutique hotels around the world.
Craftsmanship is at the heart of this entertaining collection, with quality design and materials at the forefront. The ‘little black chair’ is predicted to be the style icon of the dining room, with five new statement designs coming from the in-house design studio. The introduction of black wood is a welcome contrast, giving this look an updated feel.
“With a growing presence at design shows around the world and a thriving appetite for individual, statement shapes, black is back in furniture. The simple silhouettes are accentuated by the dark wood and become a timeless style choice,” says David Barrett, living and dining buyer for John Lewis & Partners.
A fashion staple, from catwalk to cupboard, black is versatile colour that adds a design element to any decor. Whether you’re looking for a bold block of the sophisticated shade or a hint of an accent hue this season consider embracing a little black chair or two.
- 1. Tom Dixon tall pendant ceiling light: £335
- 2. West Elm six-seater dining table: £899
- 3. Le Creuset signature cast iron oval casserole: £250
- 4. Linen napkins (set of two): £14
- 5. HAY dining chair: £89
- 6. Bronte by Moon grey herringbone throw: £95
- 7. Denby halo rim dinner plate: £12
- 8. Tom Dixon low Ball glasses (set of two): £65
- 9. Broste Copenhagen cutlery set (16 pieces): £175
- 10. Skultuna Nattlight candlesticks large: £130 medium: £110 small: £100
- 11. Eclipse dining side chair: £299
- 12. Haegan sideboard: £799
- 13. Iridescence tall glass vase: £45
- 14. Rega Planar 1 PLUS turntable: £329
- 15. Philippe Starck for Kartell chair: £173