We are here to get your taste buds tingling this lunch time with our easy Butternut Squash and Parmesan Cheese Risotto. Did we mention, you don’t need to keep stirring?
Firstly, our 3 top-tips for this splendid dish:
- You do NOT need to stir constantly, what a treat!
- Use a good cheese
- Use hot stock
You will need the following ingredients (based on 2 servings):
- 4 cups of Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Leak – Chopped finely
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1 Butternut Squash – Cubed
- 3 Cloves of crushed garlic
- 3 Cloves of garlic – uncrushed
- 2 cups of arborio rice
- 1 cup of white wine
- 100g grated parmesan
- Herb of your choice, freshly cut, recommended either sage or parsley.
- A large pan or Dutch oven.
- A roasting tray.
- Turn oven on to 200 degrees, when this has reached temperature, add your cubed butternut squash with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper and throw in your cloves of garlic, bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on size of cubes.
- On a medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and butter in a pan and add your chopped leak until they go soft and almost translucent along with the crushed garlic.
- Pour in your risotto rice and cup of white wine, stir until you get a creamy texture.
- Add your four cups of stock (stock is always double the amount of rice) in one go, bring to the boil, stir two times followed by lowering the temperature of the hob, adding a lid and allowing to simmer for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, take the lid off and the texture should be thick and creamy and smooth, not sticky and dry. Add your butternut squash from the oven along with your finely chopped herbs.
- Serve in a bowl with parmesan grated on top. Voila!