It’s National Dog Biscuit Day – who knew?!
These tasty dog treats are a great alternative to shop bought treats if you’re feeling extra handy in the kitchen today. Not only are they packed with healthy ingredients but are super savoury and simply delicious! This dog biscuits recipe can be customized to cater to your canine’s palette.
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour (substitute regular flour or oats if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- 1 tsp. salt (or less)
- 1 teaspoon of beef or chicken granules (can substitute beef or chicken broth or stock)
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 egg
- Optional: Add chicken broth, eggs, oats, shredded cheese, bacon bits, to (your dog’s) taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Dissolve granuals in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll dough until ½ inch thick
- Cut into slices or bone shapes (you can purchase a bone shaped cookie cutter to make shapes with)
- Place dough pieces on lightly greased cookie sheet
- Cook for 30 minutes